Saturday, February 7, 2009

Put a Cork In It!

Of course if you don't have a cork, a brownie (or two or three) does quite nicely. I'm not to the point of evaluating my past, finding long lost reasons why I'm overweight, etc. etc. but I can tell you that I'm an emotional eater. Happy, Sad, Depressed, Bored, Angry, you name the emotion, I'll eat because of it.

Case in point. Last night I was very upset with my husband for reasons I won't go into but lets just say it was justified. My hard and fast reaction was to go shove my mouth with something chocolately, fattening and yummy. And I did. I don't like to yell and argue around the kids so if I can't get my frustration out, I need something to hold it all in. A Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Brownie with extra chocolate syrup mixed in and finished off with powdered sugar was my cork. And I'm not talking a 1/2 inch square serving, I'm talking a REAL serving size brownie, like most people eat. I could have eaten half the freakin pan, but I didn't. Therein lies my success I suppose.

I almost posted to my "therapy blog" last night but I was afraid of what I'd type in the heat of the moment. Good thing I'm not a grudge holder. Don't worry, I'm not done having a "discussion" with my husband but the feeling of needed to cork my emotions has subsided today. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment