Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Aching Feet & Those Damn Cookies!

I woke up this morning like every morning, not wanting to get out of bed. Not because I was still tired. I'm a mother of 3 young boys, I'm always tired. I didn't want to get out of bed because I know what awaits me. Pains shooting through my feet as soon as they hit the floor and I put the weight of my body on them. I ask myself "When did my body go to pot?" I mean, I've hovered around this weight (up and down 10 lbs or so) for the last 5 years and don't remember aches and pains like this. Dare I say it ... When did I become old? Is 36 the majic number for me?

HELL NO! I'm fighting this one all the way!!

And as for those damn cookies... A popular grocery store around here makes these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I LOVE!! Just like a junkie needs to stay away from drugs and the areas where the dealers sell them, I really need to keep my butt out of this store. Like yesterday, I went there for lots of other things but you know I didn't leave without a container of those cookies from the bakery. Eventhough it was a small container and not the jumbo size, I need to steer clear of the entire area. This one for me is definitely "you can't eat just one". No portion control here... sign must say STRICTLY PROHIBITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment